Sunday, January 9, 2011

On my list

Happy 2011!

I'm back to blogland feeling refreshed after the holidays.  I hope you are too.  Now, like many of you, I've spent some time making various plans and lists of all I want to fill this year with.  Lots of plans and dreams have been written up, right along with my ever present 'to-do' lists.  I even updated my sewing and quilting WIPs list.  At the top of that list is the hexagon quilt made from plaid shirts I started this fall for my son.  Dedicating my afternoon to it, I got the basting completed and began quilting.  About 3 full bobbins worth of stipple quilting in, I broke a needle, only to discover that something more serious was wrong.

I discovered that I have managed to break my second free motion quilting foot for my machine.  Pictured below, is the original foot (on the left) that came with my Janome 7500.  I wore out the little metal pin at the top of that foot  back in 2007.  The replacement foot is shown on the right and somehow I've created a crack in the plastic shaft so that the foot shifts right into the needle's pathway (the reason behind the needle breaking), therefore bringing my free motion quilting plans to a full stop.   Argh.
Looks like this quilt will stay on my WIP list a  little longer!  Guess what is now on the top of my shopping list? ;o) 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Katherine! Good to see you’re back and feeling refreshed!

    Boohoo for the broken Janome feet! I’ve had the same problems. Makes me think it’s a production issue at Janome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww nuts! That's just a tad frustrating to say the least, especially when everything was looking so wonderful! Your quilt is to die for!!! My Janome machine is acting up too. I've broken 3 needles in the last 2 weeks. I best get it checked out pronto! Hope you're up and running really soon Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that the breakage tells me is that you have managed to make a "whale of a lot" of quilts. Yeah, Katherine. What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! That is a bummer and a half! I need to get my sewing area cleaned up from the Christmas explosion so I can work on some quilting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you just hate when you finally got the urge to get something done and bang a brick wall or in your case a broken foot. Good luck going to the LQS and buying just a foot! stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...