Thursday, May 12, 2011

Happy with my progress

I'm working on making something from the scraps and linen I gave you a glimpse of last week, in this post.  My progress so far?  Scrappy pieces have been made into a bit of patchwork that I've now heavily quilted for texture.
 For the linen, I've used five different coloured quilting threads combined with a variety of quilted line designs.
 I even added some hand stitching in colourful embroidery threads
 and some shiny shell buttons.  All this means that I am getting closer to finishing, but I still have a few steps left before I have a completed project to share with you.   The more time I spend on this, the more in love I am with linen.  Could there be any fabric more appealing for combining with patchwork and embelllishments?  Part of me wants to hoard the linen I have, but then the temptation for creating with it is so strong.  Am I the only one this crazy about linen? lol

1 comment:

  1. I love linen too - in fact - you should pop over to flickr.com and look up the linen groups - you won't believe the eye candy and inspiration you'll find! Scrappy and patchwork are favourites of mine too, so add linen to the mix and I'm in heaven, LOL!!! I can't wait to see what you're making!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...