Making a backing for this quilt took me a little longer to finish. I was determined that I would use whatever fabric I could from the quilt top, to come up with a backing. It took me a fair bit of piecing, but I managed to come up with enough to fit my needs. Whew.
The quilting, couldn't have been simpler. Lots and lots of meandering (which is my default choice for easy machine quilting). Since the quilt is for a child, I thought all that quilting would help it last through the many washings it's sure to receive.(which worked better than the first time I tried this) rather than hand stitching it as I usually do for my quilt bindings. A dotty binding always makes me smile!
That means this crazy, boldly coloured, completely made from my stash quilt, is ready to be donated to Quilts Recover. I'm excited to think a child will soon call this their own and I'm happy that those orphan blocks from my stash have been put to such good use.(Sorry, but our weather has turned dark and rainy, so getting decent photos of this quilt has been extra challenging - despite the fact that the colours in this quilt are super saturated!) At least with weather like this, I don't feel a bit guilty staying inside to sew! ;o)