Sometimes, despite my best efforts, simple mistakes slip right past me. Remember my debut jitters being asked to do a tutorial for Sew We Quilt? I somehow missed a simple dimension in the cutting list. The error has been fixed, but I just wanted to let all of you know that if you printed that tutorial prior to this morning, you will have to edit my typo. My apologies!
The correct measurement for piece E is 3.5" x 6.5"
As if one mistake wasn't enough for today, here's another. I was playing around with a bag design that would use up scraps left from making 9-patch blocks. Everything went well with the piecing,
even with the cute retro fabric I used for the lining.
The mistake wasn't realized until I tried to insert one of these clever flex frames into the band at the top of my little purse.
|Giveaway win from Lisa's lovely shop This and That from Japan (thanks, Lisa!!!)|
I was more than a little disappointed. My math seemed to be off for the band at the top and the frame won't quite fit. Aw, nuts. Apparently, numbers are getting the best of me. ;o)
I'm off to see about making a new purse (I'll just leave the first with a ribbon drawstring... sigh) because I really want to see the flex frame in action. Here's to getting it right. (fingers crossed...lol)