Sunday, January 27, 2013

Making Progress

Good news! I've been working on one of the quilts I've set myself the goal of finishing for the first quarter of the Finish-A-Long.  I had 25 blocks already stitched up, but decided the quilt needed to be bigger. :o)  I tend to do that with every quilt that would be lap-sized. It seems I want every quilt I make to at least be large enough for a twin-size bed. ;o)
 
 
Since sewing the first blocks this past summer, I've added a few new fabrics to my stash that I thought would work well as new additions.  I stitched up 6 new blocks to help increase the finished size and am adding sashing strips between.  Which means, once borders are on, my quilt will fit a twin-size bed. Yay!
 

Here's to progress! ;o)
Wishing you a happy start to your week.

she can quilt

10 comments:

  1. That’s looking good Katherine!

    My finish-a-long projects are all hand pieced ones, so I don’t make much progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful Katherine! Blue and red are great together. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous quilt. I love that blue and red colour scheme. Like you I think a quilt should at least fit on a bed if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. The colours are so energetic and vibrant. There is lots of movement. are you using a special ruler?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy progress to you, Katherine! It's going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors, a lot of blue and red. When my quilt is finished i want to make a red/blue/white quilt with Dutch folk fabric, I am collecting ......

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking gorgeous! Glad to see you're on a roll too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful, I like colors and you coordinate the colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bright and beautiful kaleidescope quilt in the making. I love the colors and fabrics. I shall have to find my way back to see how it finishes ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...