A Low Volume Scrappy Stars Quilt

The tutorial for this scrappy star block can be found on Jennie's blog, Clover and Violet 

Looking for a quilt block that works well for using your collection of low volume charms? 
How about using the beautiful scrappy star bee blocks that I first posted about in January of 2020 ? You can find the free Scrappy Christmas Star block tutorial by Jennie on her blog, Clover and Violet.

This is the quilt block I chose for my turn in the #rainbowquiltbee that I participated in.  I requested stars sewn in each colour of the rainbow with scrappy low volume fabrics for the backgrounds, from my quilt bee mates.  Fussy cuts and whimsical prints feature in each of these bright, happy star blocks.



 I previously shared photos of  the blocks I received (including these final blocks),  but I never shared how I arranged them into a quilt top or the finished quilt.


I chose a five block by five block layout with each colour group of stars arranged diagonally across the quilt (from the bottom left: red, purple, yellow, pink, green, orange, blue, red and purple), set amidst a  mix of low volume fabrics for the sashing strips and borders.


A dark blue fabric for binding makes for a perfect frame to finish to this gloriously scrappy quilt.









 

Comments

  1. Oh, I love this, Katherine. All those wonderful scraps with the stars shining beautifully! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!