Monday, February 25, 2013

Again

You guessed it.  I just couldn't leave those Kaffe Fassett scraps alone.  They're so irresistible! ;o)
 I combined them with some rustic linen and  a few buttons, to make myself a new tissue holder/zippered pouch (using the pattern found in Suzoko Koseki's book, Patchwork Style).
 

For the back of the pouch, I went wild!  No scrap is too small when I'm looking to make "yardage".  All those pieces come together, like a puzzle, which is a fun way to piece.


Goodness, it's surprising just how satisfying sewing small  scrappy projects can be. 
 I know this won't be the end of my scrap forays, but I really do need to get back to finishing some of my larger projects.  I guess it's time I hid my scraps, to keep from being distracted. ;o)

10 comments:

  1. It's great to see what can be made with small scraps with a bit of imagination. I am really loving the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Great idea to make both sides so different! Adorable scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool and I love how you scrapped up the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a scrappy queen! What a cute make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Use every little scrap is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really nifty little bag - scraps are definitely the way to go!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see a flaw in your plan! You will return to bigger projects and what do bigger projects make? Bigger projects make scraps!

    Love your pouch, it's fabulous! Oh, just realised I never emailed you! What a horrible cow I am... doing it now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.. very nice patchwork.. love your flowery quilting design too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for taking the time to post this tutorial! I can hardly wait to create something like this! I shared your link in a blog post... http://lanettascreations.blogspot.com/2013/09/scrappy-things-bakers-dozen.html#.UjLe38asiSo

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...