Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Can't complain...

that I'm under the weather.  Seems that the 3+ years being illness- free streak I was on, has been broken.  Actually, it's been so long since I had a sore throat that I wasn't even sure that I had one... at first.  The restless night with a swollen throat clued me in that this was for REAL. ;o)  So, I've been drinking hot lemon water and resting.
Too sick to help my husband on the construction jobsite, but not so sick at this point, that I couldn't spend a little time sewing.
 
 
Wrapped up in a quilt, I've been working on one of my FAL projects.  Yay!  Progress!
 
My 1" square collection has been put to good use making more mini-sized Granny Blocks.


Since I'm wanting to make a king-size quilt with these colourful little beauties, I have a lot more blocks needing to be made.  Thankfully, these are simple enough for this under-the-weather sewist to distract herself with (while not blaming her hubby for being the one to share his germs ;o).

11 comments:

  1. Sorry for the sore throat, but glad for your chance to sew;-)
    I just adore those litte granny squares, but I didn´t had a clue that they were SO small!!!
    OK, it´s just to go on working then, I´ll guess;-0).
    Take care and let´s hope for a quick recovery.
    kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same a couple of weeks ago...hope you feel better soon, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini grannies are beautiful - hope you are feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon, the minigrandy squares are coming along they looke great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little mini blocks! Feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bad hubby, sharing his germs, lol! Sorry you're not feeling well, but glad it's giving you some sewing time - yay!

    Are those ... 1" finished or UNfinished squares??!!??! My tetchy fingers are quivering in fear either way - yikes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely mini Granny squares. Get well soon - Hopefully Spring is in full swing where you are to speed your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such cute little blocks! I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I love the mini size granny's! It's going to be a fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you're not feeling well.
    At least you have some cute mini blocks to make you smile. :)
    Feel better soon.

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this block pattern anyway but your 1" blocks are precious! Such a great scrap buster.
    Gmama Jane

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...