Hot on the heels of finishing some potholders, I've made another scrappy finish for my kitchen.
Bold and bright scraps were selected in oranges and pinks. I randomly stitched fabric strings and bits onto a foundation fabric,
until I had a piece large enough.
|Checking to make sure my patchwork is large enough for the pattern piece.|
Then I went on to quilting it, making a back and inside for the oven mitt.
The colourful patchwork is the top for one oven mitt.
I did it all a second time...
and love the results!
Looking at my new oven mitts, I want to go bake something, just so I can use them. ;o)
New oven mitts and new potholders - all from scraps. I'm all set for kitchen duties!
|Reverse side of oven mitts are made from cut-offs from the quilt backing from my Orange Twirl quilt. Leftovers never looked so good! ;o)|