Friday, June 14, 2013

Make my tea towels Zakka!

Surprise!  I got caught up doing  more Zakka sewing. Admit it.  You knew that would happen. ;o)  The second project in the Zakka Along 2.0 sew along using
 is a set of pretty tea towels.  Certain to bring smiles when it's your turn to dry the dishes. ;o)
 
I decided to make my set as gifts - so I chose the recipient's favourite colour to make my version using blues. 

 Oh, and since I didn't have access to a copier to enlarge the applique templates for the letters, I drafted my own set - which happen to be larger than the ones used in the book.  Obviously, this affected the placement of the appliques a bit, but it still works. :o)
 
 
I love working with linen.  Especially as it comes in a wider width than cotton, so I could cut 2 towels with no waste across the width of the linen.  Yay!

 
It was so much fun choosing fabrics for the appliques.  I think my favourite is the text print fabric I used for the soup pot on the "Dinner" tea towel.   Soup is "healing", right? :o)
 
 
Jumping back a project for a moment...my love affair with the first project of the book - the Bell Pepper Coasters didn't feel complete until I added a fourth pepper. ;o)



Just as she suggests, Ayumi's projects make great gifts.  Each of my first two projects is destined for giving.  Yay!  They also make for some satisfying sewing. ;o)

I'll be adding my sew along finishes to the Flickr group
 and linking up with Amanda Jean's Finish-it-up-Friday!

9 comments:

  1. Those are amazing!! And I wouldn't let them anywhere near my wet dishes. Maybe just hang on my oven handle to look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects are just amazing - especially love your towels - SO nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are just gorgeous! I'm considering buying the book just for this project, I'm going to hold out though and have a look at the next projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej Katherine!
    Why don´t you come over and bring your nice works;-)
    Second thought, I think I better buy the book;-)
    Love your nice new things!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have ... Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner ... with a side of peppers, please and thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great towels!! I love how the little soup pot looks like vintage pyrex. :-)

    I bought that book a few weeks ago but haven't had the time to pick out a project yet. It appears I've been missing out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky people on your gift list - these are such pretty projects!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...