Thursday, September 12, 2013

Patchwork, Please! Trivet

Obviously, I'm not quite in step with  sewing each project in the 
Zakka-Along 2.0 according to the weekly schedule. 
 
 I've skipped some projects, while the project I just finished, was featured a few weeks back.
 
Nonetheless, I'm delighted to have completed my own version of 
Ayumi's Trivet design from her book, Patchwork,Please! 
 
 I  was greatly inspired by all the versions shared on the Flickr group. 
 
What a fun and versatile design!
 
Couldn't resist using the barn board my Dad recently brought me from the 100+ year old barn on his farm.  Makes a wonderful background, don't you think?
 
Seriously, the hardest part was deciding which print I would fussy cut for the center hexagon. ;o) 
 
Once I had that sorted out, scraps were happily played with to form the surrounding hexie pieces. 
 
Best part?
 
 Not a single fabric was repeated. I guess that says something about the quantity of scraps on hand. LOL

Seemed a good choice to use a "frosty" themed fabric for "hot" project. ;o)  Love the colour combo!
 
 
Everything went smoothly, including binding.  Just follow Ayumi's instructions and in no time you will have a trivet that will be a show stopper. ;o)
 
I  highly recommend this beautiful project if you're in the mood for some scrappy sewing and paper-piecing fun.  Thanks for another great design, Ayumi!

9 comments:

  1. Adorable! I had good intentions with this QAL but haven't hit one yet... but will definitely be giving this one a try later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! And YES! I love the barn board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katherine! This looks os sweet and fun! I was wondering if I have any 'picttures' to use in the middle and remembered just perfect fabric with mugs and pots - I guess I need some sewing just for fun. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your barn board and your cute sewing!!!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wishing I had that book... this is such a pretty project. Love the fussy cut in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve it and that background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is just fab! I have that central fabric too, I made coffee pot drip stop mats from it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your pencil pouch and this trivet

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...