Scrappy Stationery

Look out!
More heart themed projects. ;o)
Hope you like them....
   I think these projects would work for more occasions than Valentine's Day and secondly, you know I love ideas for using fabric scraps.

Scrappy Heart Notecards

I made these notecards from pink and red scraps. Many were strips left over from squaring up fabric, which means their widths vary.  Using machine needles I  keep specifically for sewing through paper, I pieced the fabric strips directly to the cardstock.  After all the strips are sewn on, I "quilt" them to the cardstock (which simply means I stitched random lines every which way across them ;o).  The next step is optional: I add some fusible web to the back of the cardstock before I trace and cut out my heart shapes to fuse onto tiny note cards.  Honestly, you can skip using fusible web if you are going to sew* the hearts to the cards.  I did both, simply because I was making note cards and tags at the same time.

*Please note that if you choose to secure the hearts to the note card with stitching, there will be needle holes and stitches showing on the inside of your note card - however, if you fuse the hearts rather than sew them to the note card, no needle holes and stitches on the inside.  You choose which look you prefer.

No two cards are exactly alike.

I also use a similar method to fashion some scrappy tags.  All steps are the same except I use my Sizzix machine with a tag die. All cutting was done with the die,  after I fused my scrappy pieced cardstock to coloured cardstock.  Voila!  Tags are fabric on one size and coloured cardstock on the other.  Add ribbon and attach to gift!  Simple and unique.  I like it!

A fun way to personalize a gift tag.

I love having handmade notecards and tags for gift giving and even better when they let me make good use of my scraps!

Comments

  1. Do you sleep, Katherine??? So many ideas. Love your tags! Love all your work!
    Though I have been a bad commentator I always read your lovely posts!
    xx meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some many inspiring ideas Katherine! Your hearts and tags are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, and a great way to use the jewels of the sewing/quilting world - scraps :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, fantastic use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so busy and so creativey my friend. I think you should change the name of your blog in busybee, like mine!!!!!!! This idea is also great for making Christmascards. I will keep ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I really should get my butt into gear and make something like this, in my own style of course! Not copying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful ways to use scraps. I like to have cards, on hand, for special occasions or a simple thank you. Thanks to you I'm going to start making some instead of buying them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those cards and your new blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great way to save scraps! I have tons - am always unwilling to throw them away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very funny : I like it.
    Many thanks to have left a comment in my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems like you have extra steps! Why the fusible web step? Would just sewing scraps together, then cut out heart shape and sew onto card?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are right - you can skip using fusible web and just sew the shapes to the note card. I used fusible web because I was making tags along with the note cards that day. So I just prepped them all the same way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!