|Part of the new look for this pouch included adding quilting - in 12wt cotton.|
Have you ever sewn something that you liked, but knew could be better? It happens to me, too. Often, I just move on to the next project and call it a learning experience. ;o) Sometimes, I set the project aside and wait to see if a better idea comes along so I can improve my finish. The waiting is now over for one particular project.
|9-patch blocks in quilting cotton paired with a rough weave linen form the main body of the pouch.|
I decided that this zipper pouch would not only look better, but hold more if I included gussets
|Dense quilting for the gussets in 12wt cotton thread add interest to the sides.|
and an interior zippered pocket.
|Love interior pockets and the chance to use zippers from my thrifting stash.|
Plus, a bit of self made bias binding to finish it off. In dots. Of. Course. ;o)
|The binding is sewn to encase all raw edges and the zipper tape. A loop is formed at one end of the zipper for ease in opening the pouch and a fabric tab encloses the opposite end of the zipper for a clean finish.|
Funny how little changes can make such a difference.
Linking up with