Tuesday, June 10, 2014

A little more progress

 has been made on that new quilt I shared with you a few days ago (click here).   The top has been pieced, the backing made and now we're onto basting! 
 
 
I feel a crazy joy for this quilt, not only in the colours, but in seeing the results of combining all those low volume fabrics for the background.  Since this quilt is a gift in the making, I don't want to give away the final layout just yet, which is why I'm only giving sneak peeks. ;o)

 
Want to see something else that has me dancing around on tippy toes?
 
 Maybe you will remember me mentioning that the mosaic  I entered at
was selected as a co-winner in their contest?
 
Here's the mosaic...
 
 
 and shown below is the recently received
 FQ bundle, sent from the lovely ladies at Mad About Patchwork as my prize!
 


Huge thank-you to Pam, Laura and Kaisa

Everything is so gorgeous!  I have not seen any of these fabrics in person before, so I was quite excited to receive them and marvel at how nicely they all look together.  Much arranging and admiring took place when I was making my mosaic for the contest, and more has taken place since the fabrics have arrived!  Oh, how I love to play with fabric and dream about what I will sew with them - has to be one of my most favourite things to do. :o)
 


Okay, I've got some deadlines to meet, so I best get cracking.  
Happy stitching!

5 comments:

  1. New quilt. New fabric. Life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the other Susan- new fabric and a new quilt- happiness all round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt top is looking mighty fine so far, even though we're only getting a little peek - maybe if we told the intended recipient not to peek, you could post a bigger picture? ;)

    The fabrics from Mad About Patchwork are really pretty - especially the fabric with the orange background and bow-tied flowers - it's such a nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a well deserved win. Even without seeing the whole top, I can see why the colours in this quilt are giving you a kind of crazy joy. They're doing the same for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading in reverse here - love how the LV fabrics play with the pink and orange. This is my kind of quilt - too much to hope that it's coming my way?haha

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...