Making stars

I did a tidy up of my sewing room this past week and came upon a stack of left over triangles from making my Swoon quilt top.  I sewed them into half square triangle units and began playing with ideas of how to use them.
 
 
 I laid out scrappy chevrons and diamonds... then realized that eight HST units from each fabric is enough for a star block.  Finding enough fabric for star centers and more of the background fabric, decided things for me.  Saw tooth stars!
 

Twinkle,
 
 
 twinkle,
 
 
little star.
How I wonder how many of you there are... I will make. ;o)
 

Comments

  1. You are an industrious thing! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,love,love!!!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks - how could they NOT be, in those luscious colours! How big are they? Do we see the beginning of a new quilt, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great call! Those are such pretty stars, Katherine. Looks like you were having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katherine! Stars are always stars! So beautiful and with your colours, just Super cute! I think I'll go to make one star ... have a great week! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great blocks made from leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect blocks for a starry, summer night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!