Sunday, August 24, 2014

Just a hint

I'm celebrating a bit, as I have finally finished stitching up the last of the birthday gifts for the younger members of my extended family.  Whew. Once again, I drafted up a design of my own.  Makes the sewing extra fun, but of course it also takes longer than just using a pre-made pattern.  Good news is, that the prototypes are behind me and it came together better than I had hoped. Yay!
As excited as I am with this finish, I've learned my lesson about sharing things on my blog BEFORE the recipient receives them.  Instead of a full reveal, I can share that I had a theme for this gift.
 
This bit of fabric may be from Fabricland
  (can't rightly remember- I've had it so long now, I believe it's old enough to vote. ;o)

I even made a little label for this gift (which includes his name... just in case someone else tries to lay claim to his gift - because it is pretty cool ;o)
 
 
Maybe you can guess what I've made? :o)
I think he's going to love it
 

and I've already had requests on the home front (hubby has given it his 2 thumbs up rating ;o) to turn this into a pattern.  I have some serious pattern writing to get on with - the list is continually growing... anyone have  a magic wand I can borrow to speed up the process? ;o)

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the real thing but I am guessing that it is a stuffie, maybe a sh**k?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're gonna need a bigger boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I borrow the pattern writing wand when you are finished with it :) I am guessing that you made some sort of shark stuffy and I would love to be on the list of pattern testers for it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...