Thursday, February 5, 2015

One little heart

I've got another scrappy project on the go.  It seems I can't get enough of reds with pinks at the moment. Luckily, I still have a container with some reds/pinks/purples, cut into 1.5" squares (remainders from my king-size Granny square quilt) , which are perfect for making mini patchwork heart blocks.
 

The first block was too much temptation.  Two more blocks soon followed. No surprise - there are more to come.


You may remember, I had a similar thing happen to me last year, which resulted in this table runner. This time, my blocks are half the size, but at least twice as cute, right? ;o) 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely as usual Katherine! Are these 6.5" blocks? I made one of these for a bee recently and they are very addictive! I look forward to watching this grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a wall hanging? Your colors are so great as usual...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great using up your fabrics, Katherine!
    The hearts are CUTE and very girly!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and perfect for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very attractive! And can You advice any project for a beginner?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wonderful!! It is great idea for pillowcase for my daughter - four heart blocks! :) Thank you!!!
    Have a great time!
    Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - they'd be perfect for a Valentine's Day tablerunner, with some pretty red/pink/white fabrics bordering them :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo cute! You inspired me to make heart blocks (after I've gotten caught up on my other quilting projects ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...