Monday, November 16, 2015

Mini tree - dotted version

More mini tree blocks have been stitched together this weekend.  I'm still playing with ideas on this design - including making a version with a low volume background fabric that coordinates with the colour of the scraps that make the tree.
 

 The first version had a completely scrappy background for the background (as shown below).


Here's the comparison between the two versions:


There's a crazy part of me that now wants to make more blocks that feature a low volume fabric that will coordinate with the colour of the tree - just for fun, right?  Craziest part is realizing that I have the appropriate coloured low volume fabrics to make the idea a reality. ;o)

3 comments:

  1. I love the one with the pink spots! But I'm guessing you already knew that! Go on, make a co-ordination Christmas Tree Farm- I dare you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! They are so cute. You need to make an entire forest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep I like the white background with pink dots the best too - how adorable that you actually have enough low volume fabrics to co-ordinate that way - now I want a pink Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...