Making time

 This week, I finally made time to take care of a small sewing project that has been wanting my attention for far too long. I am a huge fan of zipper pouches and will literally love them to pieces because I use them so much. 


One of my favourites pouches was decommissioned from active service due to a broken zipper, which is a fairly easy fix.  Easy, but not high on my priority list! ;o)

 
Since I had carefully taken the whole pouch apart to remove the wrecked zipper, I decided I would take the opportunity to add a sweet fabric tag (that would do double duty as a loop for a key chain ring for me to clip the swivel hook onto) into the side seam.  I love having a strap on a small pouch because it means I can secure it either to the bag I'm carrying it in or through a belt loop on my jeans (for those quick shopping trips that I don't want to lug around my purse).  Small pouches help keep me organized and I'm so happy to have this one back in action.
 
What projects do you find yourself needing to make time for?
 
I'm linking up my little finish with Amanda Jean and friends over at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday!
 
Happy stitching!

Comments

  1. I really must make some more zippered pouches just for fun, I haven't made any for so long and like you I use them all the time. Yours looks great and has inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks a great project to make xx At the moment I am squeezing in time for baby booties and have to finish them by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a repair job that really deserved your attention! At the moment I have a belt loop on a pair of my son's trousers that are needing my attention- ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are pretty ambitious! Your remake came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just been asked to make superhero capes for a great nephew's birthday party ... and his birthday is right after Christmas, lol. I'm excited my niece asked me to do it, so I'll be fitting in cape sewing between Christmas sewing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put off repair tasks for as long as possible, but that adorable pouch would be a big priority. I love the colors and ric rac trim, and the little label just puts it over the top! So glad to have found your lovely blog on the link-up. I'll be spending some time looking around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those fabrics and colors. It's a super cute pouch. Easy to see why it's one of your favorite. Yes, repairs ain't so fun. Clever idea to add the loop from the label tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bag is really fantastic. I should make a few more since I have several granddaughters who eat them up. I love those fabrics together. I generally use only one fabric on a pouch, but the trim with the two fabrics (is that the front side?) looks extra special. I'd gladly use that bag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your remake action! The purse is so lovely - and I'm drawn to your choice of fabrics/colours. Do you use a particular pattern for your pouches? I'm interested to explore options. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!