Happy swooning

The first mini-swoon block I shared on Wednesday's post,  stirred my desire to sew more!  You can find the pattern to make these sweet little blocks online, at Thimbleblossoms  - along with several other patterns that use this block, in various sizes.  No matter which version you choose, you just can't go wrong with this delightful block!
 
Mini Swoon Block #2
 
I am sticking with two fabrics (plus the one for the background),  in each of my blocks, but the block also looks great with combinations of three or more fabrics.  My reason for sticking to two per block is so that I can pair fabrics I received from my friend, Maja, with Pam Kitty fabrics I have in my stash. If you are a regular visitor to my blog, you may recognize that I rarely ever use a single designer's fabrics for the whole of any one of my projects.  I am most comfortable, mixing and matching to my heart's content, combining fabrics from countless designer's lines of fabric.
 
Mini Swoon Block #3

I don't like feeling restricted by my fabric choices - which is why I most enjoy selecting from a variety of fabric lines and designers.  So this project is a bit of a challenge of sorts.


Mini Swoon Block #4

I wish all challenges were this much fun! ;o) 

How about you?  What are you most comfortable with - choosing at random from a variety of designers and/or fabric lines or sticking to a single line of fabric for your projects?  I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Wishing you a happy and creative weekend!

Comments

  1. I think you know enough about my style to know I love the mix and match option! For me, that's half the fun- picking colors to compliment and contrast with one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for scrappy so I tend towards a mix of different fabrics. Your blocks look great

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mixing and matching, and using scraps. I've just begun a Granny square scrap quilt - so much fun to play with fabric combinations! Love the blocks you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mostly mix things up........but using a precut for a quick quilt it handy to...... Some designers I just don't buy as they are to colour specific and don't mix well so I just don't buy them at all.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!