Wednesday, January 11, 2017

WIP Wednesday Mini Swoon

Winter is in full swing here and delivering some frigid temperatures (-22Celsius this morning) and rather than sewing up another keep-us-from-freezing sweatshirt (I've made 3 in the past week), I'm going to "swoon". 
 


 I have swooned before (go here to see my start... and my finish ;o).

 
This time around, I thought I'd go with the smallest version of Camille's swoon block, which is every bit as irresistible as the larger versions. She is hosting a #swoonalong on Instagram,  which I suggest you avoid if you're not good with temptation. ;o)
 
My first mini swoon block is made in part with, and is resting on, some of the charms my friend, Maja gifted me. I had a late night cutting incident with one of the charms, which is why the pink fabric in the lower right corner of my block, is different from the others. ;o) Ooops.

For this adventure, I decided it was time I dipped into those yummy Pam Kitty fabrics I started stashing this summer, along with the ones my lovely friend, Maja, recently surprised me with.



Fabrics I love from several designers (Pam Kitty Fabrics are in the upper left quadrant).
I decided that for this project, I will set myself the challenge of sticking to one designer's fabrics! Plus, I will stick to only sewing from my stash.  Wish me luck! ;o)



6 comments:

  1. Your block is very becoming. I'm a big fan of PKM fabrics and I bet your mini swoon of PKM will be delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet looking so far. Good luck with the rest of the project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Wow, 3 sweatshirts!! Good for you!! Your blog is inspiring me to finish some very overdue projects!!

    Happy thrifting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always a pleasure and a delight to visit your blog Katherine! Your sewing and photography are so inspirational. It makes me want to drop everything and sew a Swoon....but I will resist, I will resist, I will resist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a Swoon block, no matter the size! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...