Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A bit of Patchwork Love

Happy Valentine's Day!
 
Today, I'm sharing glimpses at a couple of projects that I'm currently playing with. Scrappy patchwork is something that constantly calls to me and I find it so rewarding.  My low volume fabric scraps were stacking up, so I decided they needed to be put to use! Sewing these tiny bits of fabric is something I find intriguing (you don't know exactly what the end will look like until you're done ;o) and very relaxing.  
Smitten with scrappy patchwork - low volume fabrics make a great background for some machine applique!
 
My desire to sew all things with hearts hasn't ended, as you can see from the new collection of hearts I have in progress (with more cut and waiting their turn at the sewing machine ;o).  I obviously haven't managed to turn all my ideas into finishes in time for Valentines Day, but I don't mind. 


Ideas have been sparking, so I'm enjoying the process of dreaming and making, immensely. 

1 comment:

  1. Scraps are even prettier as a stack or pile ;) In my dungeon they're shoved into plastic containers (either from empty dishwasher tablets or from spinach/salad :D). They're sorted by colour so seeing them stacked is quite a lovely sight (even though my containers are hideous)!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...