Fold'n Roll Shopping Bags

My finish for January's #sewingmystashadesigneramonth2018 is a trio of my Fold ' Roll Shopping Bags sewn using (mostly) Heather Bailey fabrics.

This bag is my own design and the one I use for all my shopping! The pattern is available as a PDF in my shop  (click here).  
 
 I decided that I would alter my original design slightly to come up with a pretty update on my favourite shopping bag!
 

At first glance, you can't see the changes I've made to my original design.


Opened up and in use, you can see right away that on this new version, I've added a contrast fabric to make the side gussets of the bag.


Not only does this mean a chance for some fun fabric combinations, but it also means you need less yardage of  any singular fabric to make this bag.


The main fabrics I chose, are from a couple of Heather Bailey collections (Up Parasol! and Lottie Da),  for a fresh combination with a vintage vibe.


Ruffles around the pocket add a fun, feminine touch, but they don't need to be added.

Need more ideas besides ruffles or a plain edge? Try using piping (or faux piping if you wish to skip the use of cording), mini pom pom trim, ric rac or simply finish the edges with double fold bias binding in place of ruffles.


I love the fresh Spring colours in my latest versions and that I made a little dent in my stash, which was part of the intention behind the year long challenge of #sewingmystashadesigneramonth2018 (click here to read about this fun goal/challenge my friend, Maja and I have planned for 2018) !


Maja and I have already drawn the names of the designers for each other to sew from for the month of February - mine will be to sew from my stash of Tasha Noel fabrics! Woohoo!

Linking up this week's finish with Amanda Jean and friends at

Comments

  1. Good idea to add contrasting fabric for those who don't have available yardage!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute... and useful too! Your creativity never stops amazing me.

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend...
    Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!