Go with it!

Inspiration took me on a lovely creative adventure with a rather circuitous route, that (not surprisingly) landed me in my scrap stash for some instant gratification sewing. 


I have this thing for making scrappy blocks.  Especially if I get to use bright colours paired with low volume fabrics. Maybe it's a phase. Maybe it's just ME.  Time will tell...

Several elements (and people) brought inspired me to a mad dash to my sewing machine.


No surprise, I just couldn't resist going as scrappy as I could with this second version of the block!

First, I was struck by the beauty of a photo of some purple cone flowers, taken by Sharon Holland, the colours so lush and vivid that they were vibrating with energy!  This, in turn, triggered my memory of having a flower block set aside in  my "must sew one day" folder, one that could mimic the look of a cone flower.  A delightful, simple patchwork flower block with large petals, designed by Lori Holt.  The final inspirational influence that prompted my action?  Remembering the  most beautiful quilt using this block, made by  Dana Bolyard.  It's jaw dropping gorgeous!

I love and appreciate the creative talents of these women and the countless others that  share those talents with the rest of us.  I also enjoy how creativity can be sparked and spread, which is why I love the times when I just follow that energy and see what happens.  It's magic!

***********************************************************************************

Edited:


Comments

  1. Yes, those colours are vibrating with energy!

    Loved this line of yours: "I also enjoy how creativity can be sparked and spread, which is why I love the times when I just follow that energy and see what happens. It's magic!" That's how I feel about writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Brenda!

      Isn't creativity wonderful in its many forms?

      Delete
  2. Love them .... Nice and bright..... .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these beauties! Happy colors, bright and bold. Delightful sewing Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Where do we find this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bright scrappy and low volume are definitely your style Katherine! It's always a delight to visit and see what you are making and these are no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine, You have captured the cone flower perfectly. I love both of these blocks. I love the way you make all of the fabrics work together, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't find this quilt block pattern anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!