Scrappy Pink Bunting Blocks!

The sweet bunting block was selected as the one to be sewn for the month of October in the online Pink Quilt Bee that I am participating in for the whole year!








 If you'd like to sew your own version, please visit Alyce's blog, Blossom Heart Quilts for her wonderful tutorial (click here for the tutorial).

Once again, I enjoyed sewing my version to send (as well as the second version, which I am keeping) in as many scrappy pinks and low volume fabrics as possible!




I pulled out some of my most treasured fabrics to make a fun block that I sent to my friend, Heidi.  Many of these are fabrics that have been long out of print and are difficult (if not impossible) to find and I knew that Heidi would enjoy and appreciate finding them in her block.  One of my favourite reasons to love scrappy quilting, is that I get to use every last bit of fabric.  It's even more fun when you get to share those special fabrics with a friend!


If you look close you will notice that I have a sweet theme in this block, check out these fabrics... an advertisement for strawberry plants,   three different  strawberry prints and then a strawberry jam print!  Too fun!


The second bunting block, is the one I am keeping for my sampler quilt and once again, I used some of my long time favourite fabrics from my stash - anyone remember Sandi Henderson's fabric line called Farmer's Market? If you do, you will spot a couple of those treasures within my block. 😏  There's even a sweet fussy cut that I couldn't resist adding - actually it was tough to stop at one.  It's not always possible to incorporate a larger fussy cut into a quilt block, so I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by!




My block went together a bit quicker - at least for the center of the block, due to the fact that I have some pre-made half square triangle units on hand. I have a growing collection of half square triangle units because I sew them up as leader/enders, using my cut off triangle scraps from block making. I take my scrap busting seriously! 😊

 This finish makes eleven of the needed twelve blocks for my sampler quilt for my year of sewing pink!  I am getting excited to lay out my monthly blocks, together with the setting blocks I received from my bee mates and see how my quilt is shaping up.  Stay tuned on that!







Comments