Flowering Snowball Blocks - Rainbow Bee



I can hardly believe that this is the last month in my year of sewing quilt blocks in the Rainbow Quilt Bee!  March's Queen Bee, Leah, chose the Flowering Snowball block for everyone to sew, using soft low volumes and pastel pinks, mints, blues and yellows, with all blocks having a red center.




These are perfect blocks for a Spring quilt and I adore the colour combination that Leah requested! They have me thinking of all the pretty flowers that will soon be blooming.  I love this season! 

Templates are needed to sew these curved blocks (you can choose either acrylic or paper - Mary shares the free paper template through her blog, as well as tips for sewing the blocks).

I chose to use the paper templates, but would love to have the acrylic templates (which can be purchased in several different sizes HERE).  I think the acrylic templates would make cutting faster and more accurate, but the paper ones sufficed for my first foray into sewing these delightful blocks.





Comments

  1. These are great looking blocks, Katherine! Such a perfect colour palette for spring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved Flowering Snowball quilts but have never made one myself, I think, because of the dreaded curved piecing. Thanks for the link to the tutorial. I may give it a shot. Your blocks are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are so fun to make. I love yours so much
    Happy Tuesday Katherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!