Cute Curved Top Zipper Pouch


Making pretty things brings me joy.  Especially when I am sewing a gift!


This sweet, scrappy zipper pouch was sewn (and mailed) to a lovely friend,  back in 2020, but somehow I missed sharing about it here.  



This small pouch is my own design and was drafted up to allow me to feature the adorable fussy cut that I selected from my stash of Sarah Jane fabrics (a designer that I knew my friend loved), for the front of the pouch.

Selecting soft and feminine prints for the patchwork from my stash of scraps was a step away from my usual tendency to go bold with saturated colours, but I adore the result.




Extra details, like the label on the back or the lacy tag in the side seam were fun additions, but my favourite is the zipper charm I put together from some jewelry findings I found at the dollar store!  Who knew that the dollar store carried such charming jewelry pieces?



Hope this little make inspires you to take a simple pattern and make it truly unique by sewing it scrappy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!