Tiny Tulip Block Zipper Pouch


The joy of a finish is extra gratifying, when it's made from fabric scraps!




Terrific Tulip Blocks

This project came about after some prototype sewing of small scale blocks using my terrific tulip block pattern (look closely, you may notice that these tulips differ slightly, as I was tweaking the finished dimensions of my design when I sewed them).  I decided to add more scraps around the finished blocks, so I could turn them into a quilted zipper pouch, with a block on each side.

The blocks were quilted on scrap pieces of quilt batting and lining fabric, to give the pouch some structure. I cut out the pouch after quilting, but now with my lining being joined to the outside of my pouch, all my seams would need finishing to prevent fraying.


First, I selected a soft pink and white stripe fabric to become the double fold bias binding to finish the top edge of the pouch. It adds a bit of contrast, along with neatly encasing the raw edges.  Then, I sewed on the zipper.  Next, the inside and bottom seams were  finished with double fold binding, in a yellow print, to coordinate with the lining fabric.
 

The final finishing touch?  A simple zipper charm I made from jewelry findings!

Comments

  1. I love that color mix of pink yellow and green. The pouch is so sweet looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely finish! Can't have enough zippered pouches! They make such great gifties, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWwwwww this is adorable.
    I love your fancy tulip block!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable. Love it. It reminds me of that lovely little one you gave me a long time ago. I don't recall how that came about, but it's a little treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!