Just One Charm Pack Quilts - Book Tour

 



Today, I want to introduce you to the wonderful new quilting book my friend, Cheryl Brickey has written, titled Just One Charm Pack Quilts  and share my version of one of her clever designs from it.

Just One Charm Pack Quilts

A charm pack is a precut bundle of fabric that manufactures sell usually containing forty-two, five inch squares of a single fabric collection.  They are a lovely way to collect all the fabrics in a collection, at an affordable price.  The tricky thing is, what do you make with them?  This is why you will want Cheryl's book, Just One Charm Pack Quilts!

I was delighted to choose a pattern from her book and put my own spin on one of the designs. The pattern I selected (and choosing one is the hard part!), is titled "Ships Ahoy".

I chose to make Cheryl's pattern at half scale, which just so happens to facilitate the use of another size of pre-cuts, known as mini-charms (2.5" squares).  Now, I didn't actually use any factory pre-cuts in my version, as I have an abundant stash of scraps cut to that size.  This was the perfect pattern for diving in  for an all scrappy version!  Pink paired with lots of low volumes, seemed like the perfect choice for me.


Mixing light and darker pinks, I played around with placing the darker values of pink to create a diagonal secondary pattern to the blocks, while chopping up the sashing sections of the pattern to include as many low volume fabrics as possible.


Once it came time to quilt this mini version, I opted to do a free motion flower design, radiating from the center of the mini quilt.  This choice added some wonderful texture and a contrast to the linear seams of the patchwork.






Like all of her designs, Cheryl's "Ships Ahoy" pattern is easy to follow and so versatile. Her book will spark your creativity (as it certainly did for me!) and it will also get you sewing from your stash! Win, win!




Please, do yourself a favour, go grab a copy of Just One Charm Pack Quilts, and I promise, you will find yourself inspired to sew a beautiful new quilt (or two!). 

For more inspiring quilts from Just One Charm Pack Quilts, pop by Meadow Mist Designs to enjoy all the versions Cheryl and others have made.

*Many thanks to Cheryl for inviting me to help celebrate the release of her beautiful new quilting book! 


Comments

  1. What a gorgeous mini & some very pretty pinks in there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that one looks great.... Love the colours you choose too..... Nice design....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty mini quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!