Warm Wishes and a Pillow

The coziest spot in our home this winter! 

The final month of 2021 has been extraordinary.  I guess that actually sums up the year! 

December brought above normal temperatures  (+18 Celsius for daytime high) the first week and is ending with below normal temperatures (-20s overnight and in the minus teens for daytime highs), for the final week.  From no snow to nearly twelve inches on the ground.  What a change!


Fortunately, over the course of the month I was able to finish up my latest project, a pillow cover to coordinate with (and from the leftovers of) a quilt I made a couple of years ago.

A simple border to frame the blocks for the pillow front and soft corduroy on the back makes this pillow my new favourite!



The timing was perfect and it's already in daily use.  Even more so, since the holiday season brought us this cold snap.



So as this year closes and I sit here enjoying this cozy spot, I want to send you warm wishes for a lovely finish to 2021 and the happiest beginnings to 2022!

 

Comments

  1. I never stop being amazed at your work, Katherine! Mine eyes dazzle in wonderment at how you place colours and patterns to make your pieces sizzle with life and enchantment. Love, love, love the quilt and pillow!

    I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas. I was thinking about you today as I plumped the wonderful snowflake pillow you made for me all those years ago. Hope you are well. Wishing you a beautiful and happy 2022! Heart hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG thats a big change in temps..........
    beautiful quilt and pillow........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is impeccable, Katherine, full of colour and pattern. You have a beautiful gift. Yes, the weather this month has been wild, much like the whole year. So many crazy things happened.
    Wishing you a New Year filled with beautiful fabrics, time to stitch, and cozy moments. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!