Wednesday Work in Progress - Making do

Making do and just making. There's been some sewing happening behind the scenes and most of it has been scrappy and pink! 

Flower Power in pink scraps!




Strange to think that a year ago, my sewing space was a whole room, with all my fabrics, supplies, patterns, a huge cutting table and my machines.  The only thing I was missing was a design wall (that hasn't changed - painter's tape to the rescue for a simple & temporary way to view blocks in progress). 




Staying in two separate temporary rental homes, over the past 10 months means that I have been scaled back considerably (with most everything in storage), but have been enjoying the most wonderful settings while being creative with my sewing set ups.  This time around, where I sit to sew, I look out on a beautiful lake and trees surround us in a lovely, natural setting. 


It is the most glorious spot to sew and I am so thankful that we get to enjoy this temporary home!  It has been fun adapting to no longer having a cutting table (I'm on the floor for making larger yardage cuts and using the end of my sewing machine table for small cuts) and laying out fabrics on my bed and using painter's tape to hang blocks on the wall (in lieu of a design wall).  The joy of making is with me and "making do" is just an opportunity for further creativity.  

Comments

  1. The view is stunning and I'd probably get nothing done! I love the colours of your latest block too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your view is beautiful. It is quite fortunate that you have had this opportunity to enjoy such beauty, sort of like a vacation indeed.
    And yes, it is wonderful that you are able to make do with the space, and most especially, some of your things in storage. You are brilliant.
    I use my kitchen floor to measure my quilt tops. That ensures that I always keep my kitchen floor very clean... it is necessary haha
    I love this quilt block. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!