Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tough to decide

what I like best about the little tote I made for my niece's birthday.
There's fresh, bright fabric...
with each side just a little different from the other...
there's a sweet wee ruffle at the top...
there's polka dots and patchwork...
there's lemon yellow stripes on the inside...
and some some lively, pretty floral prints...
I really can't decide what I like best about this tote. Maybe it's that with a little girl's birthday in my family, I had a very good reason to try my first Rosalie Quinlan pattern * (which I received in my recent swap with Janelle...thanks, Janelle!).




*I did make a few changes to the original design, such as making the strips patchwork and attaching them to quilt batt. That's the fun with a great design like this one from Rosalie Quinlan, you can use it as a springboard for ideas and/or follow it to a "T" with beautiful results whichever way you choose.


12 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a sweet girly bag!

    I just finished a Melly&Me bag (Dolcetto) and I’m still working on a Rosalie Quinlan bag (Oma’s project bag).
    Pictures soon... i hope. First I need to watch the finals of the World Cup soccer in South Africa. Holland plays against Urugay. The streets are empty and I guess everybody is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a very sweet bag and I like the combination of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me it is a toss between that stripy lemon yellow fabric and the sweet ruffle- any girl would be delighted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for your beautiful comment over at my place ..

    but now I am distracted by your gorgeous sewing..off to read some more..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the yellow and white lining fabric best. Imagine looking in your bag at that all the time. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it - and I'm sure your niece will too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. My granddaughter would feel so cool taking it to school. I will have to see if I have any really bright, fun fabrics and I will copy you idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the cute ruffle, definitely the ruffle....or maybe the bright cheery fabrics....or the yellow lining...LOL
    Ok, I like it all. :-)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your neice's tote is totally gorgeous, I love it all - especially the ruffle :)
    Big wave & squeezy cyber hug
    Janelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You put such beautiful coloured fabrics together. It is such a treat to stop by and see what you have created next.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great bag i am sure your niece will love it..........

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...