This is the one that started it all

My first quilted patchwork journal cover I made was for my lovely friend, Jacqueline.  I wanted to thank her for all the gorgeous fabric she's shared with me by taking some of her scraps and making something useful for her from them.
If you enlarge this photo of the front cover, you will see that I added some hand embroidery to the patchwork along with some sparkly buttons.

If you lay the cover flat, you can see all the different fabrics I used for the patchwork as well as the stipple quilting.
Even the inside flaps are patchwork.  I thought this gift would be a fun reminder of the gorgeous fabrics Jacqueline has used for her own projects.  I'm just so thrilled that she passes along her scraps to me.  I get so much enjoyment out of using even the smallest pieces for my patchwork ideas.  I love scrappy patchwork!

Would you be interested in a tutorial to make your own quilted patchwork journal cover(s)?

Comments

  1. Yes please, I've love a tutorial. I tried once to invent my own, but it wasn't very good!!!

    Benta

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes please I would like a personal tutorial!!! my daughter wants one for her text book(s)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely..... you should never misplace that book with such a pretty cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tutorials are always good, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal covers are wonderful Katherine. I feel honoured to have played any small part in inspiring these fabulous creations.
    Andi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so productive and your color choices are exquisite!!. what do you reinforce the sides with? I ask because I use an 8 1/2 x 11 notebook and the sides are flappy and it would end up bending a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another gorgeous quilted journal cover! I love your tutorials, so...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!