Discovering that my walking foot attachment worked on my vintage Singer gave me all the incentive I needed to experiment with making a grid pattern on my most recently finished pillow cover.Last Minute Patchwork and Gifts.
scrappy yardage, rather than using one fabric at a time, as in the book. That way, each "bit" would be completely unique from the next and it also looks more complicated than it actually is.
This time around, I opted for dotted backing for my cover, but I used the same batik to make piping as I did for my first linen and patchwork pillow cover. I know I will get more mileage out of these covers with such fun backings to mix up the look.