Pink Quilt Bee - A Finished Sampler Quilt!

 My finished #pinkbee2019 sampler quilt!

This quilt has been finished and waiting for me to take photos.  It also happens to be the first quilt I have ever made by participating in an online quilt bee. 
Have you ever taken part in a quilt bee?  This bee was set to take place over the course of a year, with twelve participants.  That meant each person had their month to be "Queen" bee and choose the block she'd like to have the other eleven bee mates sew and mail to her, to make a quilt. It was a fun way to sew a variety of blocks while making friends with other quilters.

I happened to be Queen bee for the month of January and I asked my bee mates to sew a scrappy version of the Single Irish Chain. 

(Quilt block tutorial click here!).

I sewed two versions of the block to include in my quilt. 

A cute fussy cut adds a little extra fun to the block.

 Throughout the year, I sewed two blocks each month as a part of the bee. One to send the Queen of the month and one to keep, so I could make a sampler quilt comprised of all the blocks from our bee).  I placed the quilt blocks in the order of the months of the year, so it's a memory quilt of each bee block sewn for me, paired with my version of the block each participant chose for their month as Queen in the bee. 


Sashing in a pink polka dot, tied all the blocks together.


I backed the quilt in a pink dot flannel along with a beautiful Sandi Henderson floral print flannel that I had stashed. The combination makes for a pretty and cozy quilt.
 
The top left corner block is for January (my month as Queen bee), to the right is February's block (which is next to the block that bee mate sewed for me).


 
I received a total of eleven Irish Chain blocks and I sewed two myself, so that I could have a five by five block layout for this quilt.


If you're keeping track, that meant I needed one more block to have a total of the necessary twenty-five quilt blocks.  I included my scrappy triangle block (click here for the tutorial) as my final block.



I couldn't be happier with the way this quilt came together and the wonderful experience I had participating in my first quilt bee.


 P. S. If you're interested in previous posts about this fun quilt, click on the links below for a glimpse:

Comments

  1. such a beautiful quilt! I love the scrappy irish chain block settings too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!